Stroll the streets of the city of seven hills and enjoy the beauty of its landscape while immersing yourself in its slave-owning and colonialist past.
The African Lisbon Tour is a unique experience that combines history, culture and entertainment and allows for a melting pot of knowledge and culture.
- Visit Commerce Square, São Domingos , Rossio, Bairro alto, São Bento
- Visit some Black businesses
- Experience Lisbon’s night
Praça do Comércio next to the statue, 1100-148
It depends on the day you book. Always check the calendar.
After an introduction, the group sets out on the traces of the enslaved people and their history which is very little told or even non-existent in the Portuguese public space.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level and good sneakers and a raincoat in case
- Lisbon is a beautiful city with a unique landscape, as it is built on a series of steep hills that offer stunning views of the city and the river Tagus. However, due to its hilly terrain, getting around the city can be a challenging task for those with mobility issues, such as wheelchair users or individuals with walking sticks. The city’s streets are often narrow, steep, and uneven, and many of them are made up of cobblestones or have steps that make it difficult for people with physical disabilities to navigate. The hilly terrain also means that many of the city’s landmarks and tourist attractions are located on top of hills, requiring visitors to climb steep inclines to reach them. While we to explore Lisbon in a slow-paced manner, taking frequent breaks to rest and enjoy the view, it may not be a feasible option for some individuals with mobility issues. Additionally, the city’s public transportation system, while comprehensive, may not be entirely accessible, as some metro stations and tram lines have stairs and narrow passageways. Overall, while Lisbon’s hills offer a unique and picturesque setting, it may not be the most accessible city for those with mobility issues. It’s important for visitors to plan their itinerary carefully, taking into account their physical abilities and any necessary accommodations.
We are offering you the unique and authentic history tour in Lisbon that sheds light on the role of Portugal on the African Continent during centuries of Transatlantic trade and colonialism.
This tour is not only a way to share together historical facts but also an opportunity to connect with people from all over the world.
It is designed to make people open and comfortable with such difficult topics. It is designed to break the tabou and provoke the debate we don’t have the opportunity to have on the mainstream.
The walking part lasts 4 hours with many stops and ends with an authentic African dinner.
Hope you have more energy to continue the journey and have more fun with the group exploring bars, restaurants and the music scene
The African Lisbon Tour is also aimed to support Black Businesses
– The tour starts on time but the group remains at the starting point for at least 20 more minutes. Once started, your guide cannot respond to any call or message.
- Cancellations 24h before the start are not refundable.
- Cancellations 7 days before the start day are 100‰ refundable
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Q: What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Best of Lisbon Guided Walking Tour?
A: The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas.
Q: What is the social distancing policy during Best of Lisbon Guided Walking Tour?
A: The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Q: Is the experience cancelled when it rains?
A: Yes, it is cancelled and totally refunded.
Q: Is food included in the price?
A: No, you pay for your own meal and drinks in the restaurant.