Stroll the streets of the city of seven hills and enjoy the beauty of its landscape while immersing yourself in its slave-owning and colonialist past.
The African Lisbon Tour is a unique experience that combines history, culture and entertainment and allows for a melting pot of knowledge and culture.
Plus, stroll to the city’s Black businesses with your expert guide and get in touch with the African Diaspora.
- Small-group guided walking tour of Lisbon (limited to 20 people)
- Visit Commerce Square, São Domingos , Rossio, Bairro alto, São Bento
- Visit some Black businesses
- Experience Lisbon’s night
Praça do Comércio next to the statue, 1100-148
Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
After an introduction, the group sets out on the traces of the enslaved people and their history which is very little told or even non-existent in the Portuguese public space.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level and good sneakers and a raincoat in case.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
We are offering you the unique and authentic history tour in Lisbon that sheds light on the role of Portugal on the African Continent during centuries of Transatlantic trade and colonialism.
This tour is not only a way to share together historical facts but also an opportunity to connect with people from all over the world.
It is designed to make people open and comfortable with such difficult topics. It is designed to break the tabou and provoke the debate you don’t have the opportunity to have on the mainstream.
The walking part lasts 4 hours with many stops and ends with an authentic African dinner.
Hope you have more energy to continue the journey and have more fun with the group exploring bars, restaurants and the music scene
The African Lisbon Tour is also aimed to support Black Businesses
– The tour starts on time but the group remains at the starting point for at least 20 more minutes. Once started, your guide cannot respond to any call or message.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Q: What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Best of Lisbon Guided Walking Tour?
A: The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas.
Q: What is the social distancing policy during Best of Lisbon Guided Walking Tour?
A: The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Q: Is the experience cancelled when it rains?
A: Yes, it is cancelled and totally refunded.
Q: Is food included in the price?
A: No, you pay for your own meal and drinks in the restaurant.